Human Services of Faribault & Martin Counties
Financial Assistance Overview  

Financial Assistance determines individual or family eligibility for: Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Diversionary Work Program (DWP), Emergency Assistance, SNAP (formerly Food Support), General Assistance (GA), Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), Group Residential Housing (GRH) and Minnesota Health Care Programs, including Minnesota Care. Assists families needing help paying for child care through the Child Care Assistance Program.

If you, or someone you know, are in need of Financial help, they may be eligible for one or more of the programs listed. You can ask for help by calling one of the numbers listed on our Home Page or come to one of our office locations between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm to discuss your situation with an intake worker.

If you are applying for cash assistance or supplemental nutrition assistance, you need to attend an interview to go over forms that you must fill out. When you come to your interview, you will need to bring proof of:

  • Who you are.
  • Where you live.
  • Information about your family.
  • Information about your income and what you own.

If you are applying for SNAP (formerly Food Support) an interview is required. Upon customer request an interview will be arranged to be via telephone or in-person at the agency.

If you prefer to apply online, you can do so using a new ApplyMN service. ApplyMN is Minnesota’s secure, online system you can use to apply for cash assistance, SNAP (food support), emergency help, and child care assistance programs.

To get started, visit Minnesota Human Services Online to use an online pre-screening tool to find out if you might qualify for benefits and to register for a user ID and password.

Fraud Enforcement
The fraud investigation unit, investigates allegations or intentional withholding, concealing or misrepresenting information which affects financial grant eligibility or amount of payments. If fraud is being suspected, call Human Services of Faribault & Martin Counties, state that you would like to report a suspected fraud. Your telephone call will be transferred to the appropriate person or you can call the Fraud Hotline: 1 (800) 627-9977.


Rapid Resouces Menu
Rapid Resources
  Minnesota Department of Human Services eDOCS
  Minnesota Department of
Human Services
  Minnesota Child Support Online
  Minnesota Department of Health
  City of Fairmont, Minnesota
  City of Blue Earth, Minnesota
  State of Minnesota
  Martin County, Minnesota
  Faribault County, Minnesota
  Employee Portal


Copyright © 2010 Human Services of Faribault & Martin Counties. All Rights Reserved.   Website design by Electra-Sketch Studios